By now you've surely heard the terrible news of Benazir Bhutto's assassination. Shocking and awful, though sadly, not terribly surprising. Cities all over the country are seeing violent protests, including TLC. From the news I gather that traffic was blocked for ages in the early evening as everyone rushed to get home and indoors, and there have been some abandoned cars burned and I think some shooting as well.
I'm grateful tonight to be indoors in my apartment in our quiet neighborhood. Major Sahib, our Cheif Security Officer, has been in touch and will be keeping me and Roomie posted on his latest safety recommendations. Now it's very late at night and I need to go to bed. I'll write more tomorrow. It's overwhelmingly sad, all this turmoil in Pakistan.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good! Due to holiday vacations and illnesses, This has been too long in doing. So I am saying I am glad to know you are well. I'm sorry I'm so squeamish about contacting you, I just worry about doing something innocently wrong that will get you hauled in by someone. THANKS for the blog! It is a great confort to read, as well as being great fun.
Do you need any craft supplies or kits? (Yeah, right, you're in Pakistan...) but anyways, if you do, let me know! Love, Anna
Post a Comment