Today it was 117 degrees. No wonder I felt dehydrated earlier. (On Monday it's supposed to be 120: perfect for a bunch of little kids to go to school in. Thank god for morning swim lessons. Can I come too????) Anyway, I'm not exactly surprised--I was warned--but jeez, it's not even quite June yet, which I hear is The Lovely City's hell of hells. And then of course, right after June I'll (inshallah) be headed for Tehran . . . just in time for that city's hell of hells. It's kind of a toss-up: they're both really hot in summer and highly polluted. So what'll it be, the blazing alluvial plains of South Asia or the mountain-trapped smog of the Iranian Plateau, chock-full of the kind of poisonous ditritus one gets to breathe in the near-total absence of catalytic converters?
Do I sound crabby? I'm really not. I mean, I am generally speaking, but at the moment I'm just tired and worn out from the heat. And the five hours without electricity Roomie and I experienced this morning. But that's another (crabby) story.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment