Lost the bijli for about 30 mintues this evening. That's every night since Sunday--you'd think it was summer load-shedding. Roomie and I were cooking a late dinner of Chinese stir-fry with murghey, gadger, ghobi, and palek.* I was thrilled to be eating veggies, which I've been somewhat careful about since my arrival. On the up side, I've had no tummy bugs; on the down side, a shortage of veg was starting to mess with my digestion. (I've been eating lots of fruit though. So sorry that ahm season is over! The ones here are even more delicious than the Latin American kind we get at home.) I was just about to flip the chicken over when the lights went, so we finished cooking with Roomie holding a flashlight over the pan so I could assess color. Then we took our dinners over to the sofa under the emergency light.
*I try to use Urdu vocabulary words as much as possible after I learn them. See Today's Urdu Lesson for a translation.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment