Saturday, October 6, 2007

Greetings (with qualifier)

Salaams, y'all!

Welcome to my musings on my life in The Lovely City, Pakistan. I'm looking forward to sharing my adventures and observations with you, and I hope there will also be some lively discussion in the comments. To start out, though, I should acknowledge that my view of life in PK is necessarily limited by (among other things) where I'm living and the specific work I do, to say nothing of my limited language skills and cultural "outsider-ness" as a foreigner. I'll be talking about my work and daily activities, trying to describe the people and things around me, and putting forward some interpretations about what I see. Of course, all of this will be my own thoughts, colored by my own limitations and experiences, which I will do my best to acknowledge as I go. So caveat lector, OK?

1 comment:

Leslie Madsen-Brooks said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere!